Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vermin Infestation

So as any fly fishermen knows catching a trout on a mouse pattern is something we all strive to do. For the next couple days I'm headed to a place that I have fished annually for four years now, these annual trips are always a blast and we look forward to them year long.  This place is generally full of a crazy number of fish and they are always hungry. Years past we have caught them on any pattern that you wanted to throw, sofa pillows, leeches, hoppers, the list is endless. So I was pondering the upcoming trip and I wanted to up the challenge this year. I first thought about getting a counter and counting the actual number of fish I caught, but that really isn't my style (the numbers are pretty stupid anyhow), then I thought "How about catching them on mice?" Perfect, the mouse patterns that I have are typically pretty big, or way to cool to fish (articulated super-mouse)  for long periods of time (thank you Andrew). So I've been at the tying bench all morning working off the pattern I have in my brain, the Morrish mouse. Anyhow I came up with some sweet ties, some deer hair some wool, all foam backs tho. Pictures aren't great but check them out. Hopefully I'll come back with some pictures of some mice eating fish. Tight lines

The Rat Pack



No comments:

Post a Comment