Sunday, June 5, 2011

The River Why

So I just finished a book that I'd heard about over the years and finally got around to reading. This was The River Why by David James Duncan.  This was a delightful and enjoyable book to read, granted it is mostly geared towards fishing and fishermen, but it can easily be as moving to any person from any walk of life.  I can't express the enjoyment I received from the book, it hits on so many areas: fishing, life, death, love, philosophy, nirvana, growing up, family, friendship, conservation, spirituality and many other areas of life.  I literally laughed out loud at several parts of this book, and if I wasn't a big tough American man I would say that at some parts of the book I teared up. This book was an incredible read. Check it out.

Tale of a boy named Gus, growing up through the art of angling.

1 comment: