Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bats!!

So being around the fishing community for several years now I've heard all sorts of wild stories of trout eating interesting things, amongst mice and other good sized fish I've heard of several instances of trout being observed eating bats. Haha Yeah sounds pretty crazy, but I took couple minutes and looked up this fact. Here was the first website that mentioned the flying vermin being eaten. http://www.theriverguide.com/articles/browntrout_articles.htm

And of course I decided to tie one, for starters.  Since I've been in a mouse tying mood, it was relatively easy to add wings to the pattern I've been using for mice. It came out pretty sweet, not sure how it will cast but it would be pretty epic to pull a fish on a bat.  I'll do some field work over the summer and hopefully have
some picture evidence. 



1 comment: