Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mouse Eaters and Red Rocks


Life on the road tends to get into your bloodstream, I tore up the pavement for three hundred miles within two days for a half day of fishing....It was worth it. There are instances in life that make you do things that might not seem sane, but camaraderie, beautiful landscapes and the hope to escape the hustle and bustle fuels the fire to go on these little adventures. Even though you will have more travel time than time on the river. Life is to short, go fish. Here are a few pictures from my most recent trip.

The Toyota Landcrusier eating pavement mile after mile



Perfect time of year to travel around WY, green and lush

First fish caught for the trip, I fished a mouse until I caught one, (three casts)

Tried a bigger mouse so there was no confusion with the fish about what they were eating.

Perfect camp overlook

This ones for you Andrew

3 comments:

  1. Like a boss, Isaiah! That purple stonefly has had its cherry popped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah buddy! That's what I'm talking about right there... purple is the way of the future. I love that you caught those fish on mice during the day time. Those trout must be savage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have no idea, this place has probably to many fish, they are so competitive. They are freaking savage... pretty sweet. Not the monsters your used to but they are getting me by until my next trip south.

    ReplyDelete