Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fun with Foam...

So today was a touch on the windy side and what better to do than tie flies that we probably won't be fishing for at least a month right? Well I've been hard at tying streamers and nymphs but for some reason unknown to me I started playing with foam and tying up some big and not so big foam dries.  Some of these patterns are hardcore stuff that we will fish for sure and some are just prototypes for the fly box. Just a few of my favorites.

My rendition of Trev's Glopper... hopper style.

Popper style head pretty legit

Deemed the Flea...small stacked foam style bug that could be taken as a standard house fly or a flying ant.


Laramie challeged me to a pink hopper. Came out pretty sick. Probably will catch fish.


Foam Family, oh how the days melt away.

1 comment:

  1. You'll never be able to re - create the great Trev's Glooper. He is a legend and so is that Glooper pattern of his. Ahh the memories!

    ReplyDelete